24.2 C
Accra
Saturday, August 30, 2025
WorldJFK experts scour newly unsealed assassination files

Date:

JFK experts scour newly unsealed assassination files

The U.S. government has published the final set of documents related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, a case that continues to spark conspiracy theories even after 60 years.

This release follows an executive order by former President Donald Trump, which required all remaining unedited files to be made public. Experts are now analyzing the documents, though not all have been uploaded online yet. They say reviewing them will take time and do not expect any major new discoveries.

Over the years, authorities have released hundreds of thousands of JFK-related files but kept some classified due to national security concerns. Many Americans still doubt that the accused gunman, Lee Harvey Oswald, acted alone.

Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963. Before the release, Trump announced that 80,000 pages would be made public.

However, from the 1,123 documents published on Tuesday by the National Archives, it is unclear how much of the material is entirely new, as many had previously been shared with some redacted content.


“You got a lot of reading,” Trump told reporters on Monday, previewing the release. “I don’t believe we’re going to redact anything.”

Some of the newly released files still had sections blacked out, while others were difficult to read due to faded text, poor scanning, or content that seemed unrelated to the JFK case, experts noted.

David Barrett, a professor at Villanova University, said that ordinary readers might find the documents confusing. Speaking to CBS News, he described the release as “useful” but did not expect any groundbreaking revelations about Kennedy’s assassination or other matters.

Meanwhile, other JFK researchers believe the American public may continue to question whether more undisclosed files or hidden information still exist.

“I think there may continue to be more record releases,” historian Alice George told Reuters. But she went on to say the passage of time made investigations hard: “It’s much harder to find the truth when most of the people involved are dead.”

[forminator_poll id="710479"]

Latest stories

“Don’t make me and Stonebwoy fight ooo”- Samini warn netizens

Veteran dancehall musician, Samini has warned netizens to resist...

Kanye West’s Heil Hitler song bans him from entering Australia

US rapper Kanye West has been banned from entering...

Agradaa describes moment shared with President Mahama heavenly – Agradaa

Evangelist Patricia Asiedua, popularly known as Agradaa, shared a...

Dada Joe Remix extradited to face romance scam charges in USA

Ghana’s nightlife mogul and alleged crypto kingpin, Nana Kojo...

Govt launches 24-Hour Economy policy today

The government's flagship, 24-Hour Economy Policy, will be launched...

GRA sets July 16 for GHS1 fuel levy implementation

The implementation of the new GHS1 Energy Sector Shortfall...

Related stories

US travel ban against Togo, Libya, others takes effect today

Effective today, Monday, June 9, nationals of twelve countries...

Pakistan: Police in search of over 200 inmates following earth tremor

Over 200 inmates are currently on the run after...

Pope Leo XIV shares canonical acceptance

Cardinal Robert Francis Prevost has officially accepted his election...

Profile of the new Pope – Cardinal Robert Francis Prevost

"Peace be with all of you!" - the first...

Cardinal Robert Francis Prevost named as the 267th Pope, takes the name Pope Leo XIV

Cardinal Robert Francis Prevost has been elected as the...

Black smoke signals end of first day of conclave to elect new pope

A thick column of black smoke rising from the...

Siemens exec and his family involved in fatal Hudson helicopter crash

Tragedy struck New York City on Thursday when a...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here