The Israeli Embassy in the UK has confirmed that a British person is not found in Israel after the attacks on Saturday by Palestinian militants.
Jake Marlowe, who is from London, was working as a security staff member at a party outside near the Gaza border. However, he suddenly went missing.
The embassy said they did not know if the 26-year-old had been taken by someone against their will.
Mr Marlowe’s mother spoke to the Jewish News, a British newspaper, and said that she talked to him while the attacks were happening.
She said that he texted her at around 5. 30amHe mentioned that the signal was not good, but everything was fine. He promised to keep her updated and also told her that he loves her.
On Saturday, a surprise attack was carried out by many armed individuals from Hamas, and it is said to have resulted in the deaths of at least 300 people in Israel.
Many armed people went into the southern part of Israel. They killed both soldiers and civilians, and took a large number of hostages into Gaza.
People who were at the music event near Kibbutz Re’im, where Mr. Marlowe was working, said that some people with guns started shooting at the partygoers early in the morning.
One person at the event, Gili Yoskovich, told the BBC that she hid beneath a tree in a field while armed people walked around shooting whoever they came across.
The Foreign Office was asked for a statement about Mr. Marlowe
Date: